The Clothmaker Guild’s Drawer and Books Return to Lambrecht as a temporary loan
With the special exhibition “100 Years Administrative Building” (20.-26.09.2021), Jola highlights the life’s work of Albert Haas (1877-1936) – Director of the cloth factory Gebrüder Haas (Haas brothers) – who served as guild master in 1912 and 1930. For this special occasion, the guild drawer and several guild books of the Clothmaker’s Guild of Lambrecht return to their place of origin as a short-period loan of the Historical Museum of the Palatinate in the city of Speyer.
The company Jola Spezialschalter is in direct succession of the cloth factory Gebrüder Haas which is commemorated in the special exhibition “100 Years Administrative Building”. For this purpose, the Historical Museum of the Palatinate in the city of Speyer provides a very special loan: the guild drawer of the Clothmaker’s Guild of Lambrecht dating back to the 18th century. It contained important objects belonging to the guild and its members, such as the seal, contracts, the guild order, as well as several books. The exhibition centers on Albert Haas (1877-1936) as 2nd generation of the cloth factory who was guild master twice. So the guild books comprising his entries are of the highest interest against this background. Both books will be displayed as witnesses of the former importance of Lambrecht as a location for the German textile industry.
ADVANCED BOOKING REQUIRED:
Tel. +49 6325 188-01
More information here:
Historical Museum of the Palatinate (Speyer):